Learn, Live and Play Here
- Region averages over 350 days of sunshine a year.
- Yuma is Arizona's third largest metropolitan area.
- 10 minutes from tubing on the Colorado River.
- 25 minutes from shopping in Mexico.
- 30 minutes from fishing on Martinez Lake.
- 2.5 hours from San Diego, California.
- 2.5 hours from Phoenix, Arizona.
- 5 hours from Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Yuma region is situated along the Colorado River in the southwestern corner of Arizona, bordering Mexico and California. Just two and a half to five hours driving time from Phoenix, San Diego, and Las Vegas, Yuma is convenient to beaches, shopping, and out door activities.
Mild winters and temperature summers make outdoor recreation a year-round adventure. Rugged mountains, beautiful deserts, and the lush Colorado River area are perfect backdrops for your favorite activities:
- Canoeing & Kayaking
- Cycling & Mountain Biking
- Offroading & Sand Duning
- Hunting/Shooting Sports
The region also offers rich historical and cultural opportunities:
- Yuma Territorial Prison & Quartermaster Depot
- Historic Yuma Theatre
- Yuma Art Center
- Music, Ballet, Art & Film Festivals
- Car Shows & Downtown Block Parties
- Shopping at the Yuma Palms Regional Mall
- Shopping in Algodones, Baja California & San Luis, Sonora Mexico.
For more information about Arizona Western College and the Desert Southwest, Here are some helpful links:
Yuma County Chamber of Commerce
Find out about Yuma County
Caballeros de Yuma
Find out about some of Yuma's largest annual events
Marine Corps Air Station-Yuma
Find out about one of the largest and most influential military bases in the United States.